Fall Commencement 2019 Guest Information
Cal Poly parents, supporters, family and friends are invited to sign up to receive Fall Commencement 2019 emails to stay in the loop about commencement ceremonies, regalia, parking, tickets and more. Emails will be distributed throughout fall quarter.
Download the Cal Poly Now Commencement app to learn about Fall Commencement and receive important ceremony-related information. For additional information, please follow Cal Poly Commencement on Instagram and Facebook.
Parking permits are not required during Fall Commencement. Please note that campus parking will be highly impacted throughout the weekend. Please consider using alternative transportation such as SLO Transit, Uber, Lyft and carpooling.
- General Parking will be available to all graduates and guests in the Grand Avenue Parking Structure and Parking Structure 131.
- Accessible Parking for guests with mobility impairments will be available in the Grand Avenue Parking Structure and Parking Structure 131. All vehicles must have a valid accessible parking placard or license plate in order to park in accessible spaces.
- Accessible Shuttles are provided for guests with mobility impairments and one companion. Shuttles will run continuously throughout the day, stopping at the Performing Arts Center and Recreation Center.
- View the Fall Commencement 2019 Parking and Shuttle Map.
- A Clear Bag Policy will be in effect at the Recreation Center in order to enhance security and efficiency entering the commencement ceremonies. The policy limits graduates and guests to one clear bag or one small clutch per person. Free clear bags will be distributed to individuals on campus throughout commencement day.
- Approved Items
- Small clutch 4.5"x8.5" or smaller
- 1 gallon storage bag 12"x12" or smaller
- Clear bag 12"x6"x12" or smaller
- Prohibited Items
- Printed pattern plastic bags
- Binocular cases
- Fanny packs
- Mesh bags
- Camera bags
- Diaper bags
- Tote bags
- Approved Items
- Doors open one hour before each ceremony. Tickets are required to enter the Recreation Center Main Gym so please have your tickets readily available at the entrance.
- General Seating is located throughout the gym.
- Accessible Seating is located throughout the gym and is available on a first-come basis for guests with mobility impairments and one companion. If you need assistance, please ask the nearest usher.
- Graduate Seating: Graduates from each college will be seated on both the east and west sides of the stadium.
- First Aid: Medical personnel are located in the Recreation Center, Room 109. If you need assistance, please ask the nearest usher.
- Gift vendors are located outside of the Recreation Center. Pre-order online.
- Restrooms and Water Fountains are located off of the Recreation Center's first and second-floor hallways.
Ceremony Tips and Information
- Each ceremony will last approximately 90 minutes.
- After the ceremony, designate a meeting place with your graduate outside of the Recreation Center.
- Please dress comfortably. There may be lengthy walks on grass, hills and uneven pavement.
- Please leave pets at home. Only service animals are permitted on campus.
- Alcohol, fireworks, air horns, weapons and glass bottles are prohibited. Those found in possession of such items will be removed from the ceremony.
- Please mindful of those sitting around you and do not obstruct their views when taking photographs or by holding large signs, balloons, umbrellas, etc.